From: Alex Tarkovsky <alextarkovsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: John Jawed & Alex Tarkovsky's einput eclass
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 05:44:59
1 On 7/7/07, Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > I'm ofc not including fetch-restricted which also require interaction,
3 > although that is standardised enough for a script to deal with[1]. Having
4 > found this for games, I can deal with that too ofc, but I still think the
5
6 I'm not sure whether special license agreements are a legitimate case
7 for interactivity in some ebuilds, but I can tell you the einput
8 eclass was intended to be used only in pkg_config(), meaning the only
9 time the user would ever encounter einput is when they specifically
10 run "emerge --config foo" after installation, and even then it would
11 be only in a handful of ebuilds that actually need einput's services.
12 Burdening the user with the prospect of interactivity in any other
13 ebuild phase does seem to go against the Portage philosophy, so I feel
14 that einput.eclass is an edge case tool at best.
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list