From: Jacob Smullyan <smulloni@××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] putting apache / apache2 on 'need' line
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 02:41:26
1 On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 11:55:34AM -0400, Martin, Stephen wrote:
2 > I'm finishing up an ebuild that starts a daemon and depends on apache. The
3 > problem is that it can use either apache or apache2. How do I handle this
4 > in the need line of the init script, since apache and apache2 have separate
5 > flags? I'm thinking I need to do something like 'need apache || apache2'.
6 > What's the correct way to handle this? Or should I just say it depends on
7 > apache2 and be done with it?
8
9 I recently submitted an ebuild (for skunkweb, bug 26450) which I wish
10 had a similar characteristic -- that it could optionally build an
11 apache 1 or 2 module (or none). Since there didn't seem to be an
12 apache1 flag, the apache1 option isn't there at the moment.
13
14 +1 as far as I am concerned for adding an apache1 USE flag!
15
16 Jacob Smullyan