From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] combining x86 and amd64
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:45:06
1 On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:10:28 -0500 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | The recent discussion about having a "real" x86 arch team and
4 | combining the x86 and amd64 keywords was both interesting and
5 | provocative. Of course, this is the sort of thing that the GLEP
6 | system was meant for. Now that we have a new council that (I hope)
7 | will be active in approving or rejecting GLEPs, perhaps someone
8 | should be writing a GLEP about combining x86 and amd64?
9
10 Won't work. Too many people who don't have a clue what's being proposed
11 and who don't understand the explanations.
14 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
15 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
16 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm