From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] pkg_setup() and sandbox
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:51:15
1 Should pkg_setup() be run in a sandbox?
2
3 The current reasons to not have it sandboxed include:
4
5 - ebuilds need to add users
6 - ... (any others?)
7
8 So, would it make sense to sandbox pkg_setup() and only unmask the
9 passwd files needed for adding users? enewuser & friends can be made to
10 unmask those locations on demand, thus making the transition painless.
11
12 What other reasons are there for having pkg_setup() outside the sandbox?
13
14 As to why I'm asking -- this[1] abolition of an ebuild made its way on
15 the qmail mailing list and I was shocked that it does not die in the
16 first place.
17
18 Disclamer: Exercise great caution with the following link. Only read one
19 line at a time or you may be overwhelmed. Take a break every 10 lines or
20 so. Have a sedative handy.
21
22 [1] http://briandowney.net/?page=linux&section=gentooebuilds&ebuild=netqmail
25 /\ Georgi Georgiev /\ To think contrary to one's era is heroism. /\
26 \/ chutz@×××.net \/ But to speak against it is madness. -- \/
27 /\ +81(90)2877-8845 /\ Eugene Ionesco /\