From: Steev Klimaszewski <steev@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should patches sit withing the portage tree ?
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:35:48
1 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
5 > I'm interested in arguments whether patches should sit directly
6 > within the portage tree or downloaded when needed.
7 >
8 > My feeling: downloading on demand is better.
9 >
10 > + makes the tree smaller, saves space, saves network traffic
11 > - downloading lots of patches may take a little bit
12 >
13 > What do you think ?
16 > cu
17
18 I think you need to do more reading and stop posting random (obvious)
19 trolls. You have stated many times in your other threads that you
20 haven't read $threadabout documentation. Please do so, and then come
21 back and ask, or, even better, use the proper mailing list, or even the
22 forums.
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list