From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo and Root CAs
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 14:43:46
1 Hey,
2
3 Ryan Sleevi, who's working on Chromium and is familiar with other
4 project's Root Cert programs has written an article on how he
5 perceives assorted distributions handle Root CAs:
6
7 https://plus.google.com/u/0/105761279104103278252/posts/eVdB6X3NpPg
8
9 """
10 [...]
11 Debian: From [5]. According to README.debian, to get a CA
12 included, all you need is two or three people to support you.
13
14 Gentoo: From [6] Same as Debian. Note they also modify other
15 packages (such as dev-libs/nss) to inject root certs into other
16 programs' root stores.
17 [...]
18 References:
19 [5] http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/ca-certificates
20 [6] http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/app-misc/ca-certificates/
21 """
22
23 Now before you reply, RTFA. Also note that while my own opinion
24 on the matter is irrelevant, I _do_ think that his concerns need
25 to be addressed, particularly the second half of his statement.
28 Regards,
29 Tobias