From: Stroller <root@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: cubo@×××××××××××××××××××××.it, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EBTables kernel patch
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:14:46
1 On 22/7/03 11:21 am, "Davide Rebeccani" <cubo@×××××××××××××××××××××.it>
2 wrote:
3
4 > I'm intrested to know if there is everyone interested in using the
5 > EBTables kernel patch foung at:
6
7 Myself & others have used EBtables under Gentoo.
8
9 > I nedd this patch for my work and i tried to use it with gentoo sources.
10 > The box hau an uptime of about 20 days and it works perfectly so i
11 > thought that if the manteiner of the gentoo-sources ebuild thinks that
12 > is useful including this patch, i will be very happy to find it in the
13 > package.
14
15 I thought it was already in Gentoo-sources, to be honest. On my bridging box
16 I installed a vanilla kernel, then applied the bridging patches, but I
17 thought I had seen the bridging options in `make menuconfig` when I
18 installed gentoo-sources-2.4.20 on my laptop.
19
20 It would also be nice to see some Gentoo-style init.d scripts included with
21 net-misc/bridge-utils - I've knocked some up, but my Bash-scripting really
22 isn't good enough for me to submit them.
23
24 Stroller.
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list