From: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Non-Dev Contributors and the Tree
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 14:55:41
1 On Thursday, June 7, 2007 01:43:45 PM Michael Cummings wrote:
2 > ...or, Trees and Tree Climbers: Shaking up the tree
3
4 You forgot about the tree huggers! ;-)
7 I mostly agree with your arguments but seeing what we have in the Sunrise
8 overlay I don't think we need another one.
9
10 Today, people can get involved by submitting ebuilds to (and maintaining
11 them in) Sunrise rather easily. As easily as devs can take ebuilds from
12 there and add them to the official tree.
13
14 What would/should be different compared to that if we implemented your
15 suggestion?
16
17 Best regards, Wulf