From: Yatsen Ng <yatsen-ng@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Information
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 01:34:28
1 Hello there,
2
3 Just a few questions and comments:
4
5 My first impression of Gentoo is that everything seems nice and clean.
6 For example, the directory tree looks the way it's supposed to look.
7 Does Gentoo Linux adhere to the File Hierarchy Standard? A few
8 commercial distros screw up royally when it comes to standards.
9
10 It's been a while since a new ISO has been available for download. When
11 will the next release be available?
12
13 Gentoo looks like a winner according to the discription - so far I
14 really like what I read (especially about Portage). If Gentoo can live
15 up the what it promises It'll definitely be my distro of choice. It
16 would be nice if you could also include the Athlon GCC compiler.
17
18 Cheers!
22 Yatsen Ng
23
24 KPN BBT\IP OSU-CCO
25 UNIX Administration Dept.
26 Tel: +31 70 4512599
27 Fax: +31 70 4512417
28 mailto:yatsen-ng@×××.net
31 "How happy is the human soul, not enslaved by dull control."
35 ***************************DISCLAIMER***********************************
36 Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n).
37 Verstrekking aan en gebruik door anderen is niet toegestaan.
38 KPN N.V. sluit iedere aansprakelijkheid uit die voortvloeit uit
39 elektronische verzending.
40
41 This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may
42 not be passed on to, or made available for use by any person
43 other than the addressee(s).
44 KPN N.V. rules out any and every liability resulting from any
45 electronic transmission.