From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: taking a break from arches stabilization
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 14:35:53
1 El mié, 12-07-2017 a las 09:13 -0500, William Hubbs escribió:
2 > On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 02:30:34PM +0200, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
3 > > On 07/12/2017 01:59 PM, Michael Palimaka wrote:
4 > > > If it's not a stable candidate then why do you use this as an example
5 > > > against build testing-based stabilisations? If there are known issues it
6 > > > should never reach the arch teams in the first place.
7 > >
8 > > This might be the crux of things, as long as automatic stabilization is
9 > > not triggered by some set of rules (e.g 30 days in ~arch) , and still
10 > > requires manual trigger by, preferably, the maintainer there is likely
11 > > no issue.
12 >
13 > This doesn't make sense. If I have to trigger automatic stabilization, it
14 > isn't automatic any more.
15 >
16 > I think with an appropriate set of rules automatic stabilization would
17 > be fine. For example:
18 >
19 > - foo-2.0 has been in ~arch for 30 days
20 > - there are no open bugs against foo-2.0
21 > - an older version of foo is stable
22 > - all of the dependencies of foo-2.0 are stable
23 >
24 > If those conditions are met, in theory there shouldn't be any problem
25 > with stabilizing foo-2.0.
26 >
27 > If foo-2.0 is not a stabilization candidate, there probably should be an
28 > open bug in bugzilla stating why it isn't.
29 >
30 > Thanks,
31 >
32 > William
35 Also please note that, when we were filling that automatic bug reports, there
36 were still an additional 60 days timeout (I think it was 60 days.. but I don't
37 remember if even 90 days) to allow maintainers to react. Only if nothing was
38 noted in relevant bug reports, arches were CCed automatically by the script