From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Upcoming Council meeting on July 26th, 1900 UTC
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 23:28:04
1 Dale posted on Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:43:43 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > It always seemed to me that people want to send threads to -project for
4 > them to just go away. Once a thread goes to -project, it just whithers
5 > on the vine and nothing much happens. There may be a need for -project
6 > but if almost no one is going to be there, there is no point sending
7 > threads to it. Maybe developers should be required to subscribe to
8 > -project so that even if a thread is sent there, they still get to see
9 > the postings and deal with the issues that are being raised.
10
11 I think that was the point. Having the list and telling people the topic
12 belongs there is the polite way of telling them their output's better
13 directed to /dev/null (which is of course the the geeky *ix way of saying
14 "shutup already!"), without actually restricting someone's right to make
15 their point... just that they might as well be posting to their private
16 diary for the number of others that'll actually read it.
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman