From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] extend profiles.desc to include "experimental" profiles
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:41:45
1 after dealing with m68k, mips, and the *-fbsd ports, i think we could do with
2 a new state for profiles.desc. the new field would simply be "exp" to
3 indicate that the profile is experimental and that qa tools should generally
4 not issue warnings about them. so in repoman's default mode, you wouldnt get
5 any warnings, but if you were to run it in full mode, you'd see stuff like
6 normal. this is useful for new projects which are still in the process of
7 merging (like *-fbsd, m68k, and any new hardware i get my hands on) and are
8 not really ready for "dev" marking. there are plenty of warnings in packages
9 right now due to these profiles being labeled as "dev" that are the sole
10 problem of the keyword maintainer in question and not the package maintainer.
11 -mike