From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New global USE flag: introspection
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 04:04:12
On 23 June 2010 01:47, Mike Auty <ikelos@g.o> wrote:
>> Which should not be an issue since any library that has some sort of >> introspection can use this flag (and the use.desc can be changed >> appropriately at that time if it does not use gobject-introspection). > > Why have to change it in the future (and probably split it into two > flags then), when the choice hasn't been made yet?  Or, to put your own > question to you, why are you vehemently for "introspection" when others > have shown concern with the choice?  As far as I can see, the only > difference is requiring a slightly longer use_enable line.
Mostly because I don't want to coin a new term if it's not absolutely necessary. That said, you're right - more people seem to be comfortable with "gintrospection" than plain "introspection". If no further objections arise, we'll go with "gintrospection". Thanks, -- Arun Raghavan (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New global USE flag: introspection Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>