From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New global USE flag: introspection
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 04:04:12
1 On 23 June 2010 01:47, Mike Auty <ikelos@g.o> wrote:
2 [...]
3 >> Which should not be an issue since any library that has some sort of
4 >> introspection can use this flag (and the use.desc can be changed
5 >> appropriately at that time if it does not use gobject-introspection).
6 >
7 > Why have to change it in the future (and probably split it into two
8 > flags then), when the choice hasn't been made yet?  Or, to put your own
9 > question to you, why are you vehemently for "introspection" when others
10 > have shown concern with the choice?  As far as I can see, the only
11 > difference is requiring a slightly longer use_enable line.
12
13 Mostly because I don't want to coin a new term if it's not absolutely necessary.
14
15 That said, you're right - more people seem to be comfortable with
16 "gintrospection" than plain "introspection". If no further objections
17 arise, we'll go with "gintrospection".
18
19 Thanks,
20 --
21 Arun Raghavan
22 http://arunraghavan.net/
23 (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)