From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resignation (was: Project Sunrise resumed)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 02:53:14
1 On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 03:35 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:19:56 -0400 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | we take a risk with this project (like every single other
5 > | project) ... if sunrise turns out to suck and cause problems, then we
6 > | kill it, no big deal
7 >
8 > How many more users and developers will have to be lost before it's
9 > considered to "suck and cause problems"?
10
11 I don't recall users having been lost to the Sunrise. I know of only
12 one developer who left. He left in a huff, in an emotional "I'm taking
13 toys, because I don't like them" way, without actually raising any
14 issues that he was against, other than a nebulous concern about QA.
15 Show me at least that concern being concrete and we have a starting
16 place.
21 Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
22 Gentoo Foundation / Gentoo Linux
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list