From: Jon Ellis <ashura666@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: cvs ebuilds
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 04:42:06
1 Hi,
2
3 Any comments on this?
4
5 Thanks
6
7 j.
8
9 From: Spider <spider@g.o>
10 TO: Jon Ellis <ashura666@×××.com>
11 CC:
12 Date: Fri December 20, 2002 12:48:34 PM JST
13 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cvs ebuilds
14
15 use -dev for this sort, -user is the wrong place :)
16 //Spider
17
18 begin quote
19 On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:39:37 +0900
20 Jon Ellis <ashura666@×××.com> wrote:
21
22 > Is there a 'policy' about cvs ebuilds? For example, i just created a
23 > ebuild to build jack (jack audio connection kit) from cvs and updated
24 > ardour to depend on it.
25 >
26 > What troubles me is that i created a new sub-dir in my local portage
27 > to do this (media-sound/jack-cvs). The current jack ebuilds are in
28 > media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit. Is this the best way to do
29 > this? Wouldn't it be better to keep the cvs build in same directory?
30 > Is it possible to do that, the naming was beyond me...
31 >
32 > j.