From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-emulation/qemu-user mask
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 19:09:26
1 On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:47 AM, Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o> wrote:
3 >> В письме от 14 января 2013 00:38:06 пользователь Doug Goldstein написал:
4 >>> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o> wrote:
5 >>> > Hi!
6 >>> >
7 >>> > For cross-chroots its needed to have static qemu-$arch user translators.
8 >>> > May be you can introduce user-static use flag for them? Also it will be
9 >>> > cool to have init script for kvm
10 >>>
11 >>> USE=static is available for app-emulation/qemu. I'll get a chroot for
12 >>> arm setup soon and test everything to make sure its working well.
13 >>
14 >> It doesnt allow to build dynamik qemu-system* and static user targets
15 >
16 > That can be fixed. File a bug.
19 To follow this up. I've successfully installed and am using an arm
20 chroot on my amd64 box using app-emulation/qemu-1.2.2 not using
21 USE=static. But it required a little bit of effort (using ldd or
22 readelf to bring in the necessary libraries) so I'll introduce
23 USE=static-user and USE=static-softmmu, both of which will be enabled
24 by USE=static.
28 Doug Goldstein