From: Andy Arbon <gentoo@××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [Fwd: RE: [gentoo-dev] Patching sources in a build]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:09:45
1 Hello,
2
3 David asked me to forward his reply to my question to the list because
4 he can't do so from work.
5
6 Cheers,
7
8 Andy
9
10 ----------------
11 I am writting a tool called "ehack" which allows you to maintain a
12 custom patch to any package in the portage tree. You ask it to extract
13 the source into your home directory, and then you can edit the source.
14 At any point you can ask the tool to build/install (NOT MERGE) the
15 version you are working on using the instructions in the ebuild.
16
17 When you are done, it makes a patch and stores it in special location
18 that portage will use when doing a normal emerge. Currently, everything
19 beside the changes in portage itself (to apply the patch at emerge) is
20 finished. Very soon I will post this to the list.
21
22 Thank you.
23 -- David Snopek
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list