From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Remaining PMS todo list etc
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 00:03:05
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:32:41 -0600
3
4 > Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
5 >> We seriously need a PM-independent way of saying "run the testsuite",
6 >> "run the testsuite with user privledges", and "run the testsuite with
7 >> root privledges if you can, otherwise forget it". Also required is
8 >> the ability to make test failures non-fatal on a per-package basis,
9 >> though this probably has nothing to do with the PMS.
10
11 > How about just checking EUID == 0 in src_test and skip the tests (with a
12 > ewarn message) if it doesn't match your needs?
13
14 I thought I remembered someone raising a stink about checking permissions being
15 a race condition because the condition can change between the checking and
16 performing the action. Maybe that was only about write permissions... If
17 checking EUID is an acceptable method, it should be relatively simple to write
18 an eclass to handle the common cases and have ebuilds use that instead of
19 checking $FEATURES (which i do think is a bug).
23 fonts, gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
24 mips, treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
25 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662