From: Bart Verwilst <verwilst@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Mozilla "patch" for flash/linux/GCC3.1
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:02:16
1 So how should we take this problem on?
2
3 Edit the flash ebuild?
4 Anybody has got a working altered ebuild?
5
6 On Thursday 27 June 2002 18:32, Ian Phillips wrote:
7 || After looking into it some more it seems that I have other problems with
8 || java. But the patch is good for Flash.
9 ||
10 || Yes, the patch should work for all browsers. All it does is provide a
11 || small wrapper around each of 4 functions that are deprecated/mangled
12 || differently by libstdc++ in GCC3.x, it should work with _any_ program that
13 || uses thesefunctions, not just browsers.
14 ||
15 || Which probably means that libmozhack.so is a stupid name for the patch.
16 || Maybe libgcc3hack or libcpphack ??
17 ||
18 || Ian.
21 Bart Verwilst
22 Gentoo Linux Developer, Release Coordinator
23 Gent, Belgium