From: Chad Huneycutt <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: AW: [gentoo-dev] gcc 3.0.2 system build notes
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:53:32
1 Sebastian Werner wrote:
2
3 >I think you get the pam error with any option in make.conf. I thought
4 >It was a problem only on my system, but it seems to be not. I use
5 >The pam and pwdb binary-packages form rc5. - ok this is not very clean
6 >But work for me!
7 >
8 Check your /usr/bin/emacs. I *think* that is what caused this problem
9 (I may be confused). When configure looks for emacs, it just looks to
10 see if the 'emacs' is in the path, not if emacs is actually installed.
11 The problem is that /usr/bin/emacs is a link to e3em on some systems,
12 and this causes confuses configure (I can explain more if anyone is
13 interested). This may not be the problem here, but it is for some other
14 packages.
15
16 Chad