From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking modular X
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:49:05
1 Lares Moreau <lares.moreau@×××××.com> said:
2 > I did some rough calculations and we are porting about 29 pkgs/day.
3 > At this rate it will take roughly 30 days to have all packages ported to
4 > ModX.
5 >
6 > spyderous wants it tomorrow,
7 > HalycOn wants it when all is ported.
8
9 I didn't say all of it ported. It seems unreasonable to move it when we have
10 atleast 800 packages that are not working though.
11
12 I don't care the exact date that it happens, nor do I think we should aim for
13 one. We should aim for when it will be done in a way that minimizes the
14 breakage for all of our users. Yes, breakage will happen, but we can wait
15 until its down to a more reasonable value. This huge push to get everything
16 ported over only started recently, and I think we need more time.
20 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting toolchain x86)
21 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
22 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
23 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
24 http://www.halcy0n.com