From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: A Little Council Reform Anyone?
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 20:22:58
On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 22:14:25 +0200
Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
> > Another one of the things I'd like to see and help reform with the > > council. First off it spends way too much time on EAPI/PMS. There is > > no reason to make the council an extension of the portage team. > > As member of the PMS team I agree, we have to reach out to more > people. No matter how well Ciaran does the job as editor-in-chief > the process needs to be broadened to involve other groups, too.
Which groups who would like to be able to contribute currently feel that they can't, why do they feel that and why haven't they said so? Really, the only big issues we've had with EAPI work are getting Portage support and working around a Council that wants to both micro-manage every last detail of every last feature and only put in an hour of work every two weeks. -- Ciaran McCreesh

Subject Author
[gentoo-dev] Re: A Little Council Reform Anyone? Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>