From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage 1.8.5 released
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:03:49
1 On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 01:36, Luke wrote:
2 > Ive just tried the world update and I noticed that it wants to go back to an
3 > older version of ssh, ie from 3.0.2 to 3.0_p1.
4 >
5 > Also, why is sysvinit flagged as an old entry? Surely this is an important
6 > package.
7
8 The version error is due to a minor bug in the version code that only
9 affects comparing "x.0.0" and "x.0" version strings. I had thought I'd
10 be completely revamping that code, but other things became a priority.
11 Do me a favor and file a bug report at bugs.gentoo.org and I'll get it
12 fixed in a few days.
13
14 sysvinit is now included in the baselayout package. We don't have a
15 standalone sysvinit anymore.
18 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
19 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
20 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.