From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new developers' keyword requests
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 09:02:15
1 On Fri, 20 May 2016 21:47:56 -0700
2 Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > > To make sure I understand what you're getting at, are you saying
7 > > some devs get on board and then request to add keywords to packages
8 > > that they already maintain?
9 >
10 > No, you've misunderstood.
11 >
12 > He's saying people add new packages and then speculatively add
13 > keywords for a bunch of architectures that they haven't tested.
14
15 No, that's already covered very well in the quizzes and devmanual.
16
17 What I mean is keyword requests of the type: "Hi, I maintain this
18 package now, and I'm very excited about it, so can I have these random
19 keywords added, please?"
20
21 I have plenty of examples of such keyword requests collected over the
22 years; anyone should be able to find them easily.
25 Regards,
26 jer