From: Marius Mauch <genone@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] --usepkg in emerge
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:25:35
1 On 07/30/03 fredrik danerklint wrote:
2
3 > Hi!
4 >
5 > Is it possible, that when you are using --usepkg with emerge, could
6 > get emerge to download the binarie file from a server, just like it
7 > would if you're gonna compile the source code?
8 >
9 > And could I set this feature in the variable "feature"? I didn't see
10 > that it was possible.
11 >
12 > What I'm trying to say, is that some kind of option in /etc/make.conf
13 > you could use, just like the variable "gentoo_mirrors" but instead
14 > have it to download the binarie file from a list of server, if the
15 > file is availible.
16 >
17 > If the variable was called "gentoo_binaries" it would look like this:
18 > GENTOO_BINARIES="http://ftp.fredan.org/gentoo/binaries/amd-athlonxp"
19 > to get the binaries files optimized for amd athlon xp processor.
20
21 The 2.0.49 portage versions have some support for this, but it is still
22 experimental if I got it right and not documented yet. The new -g and -G
23 options are for this.
24
25 Marius
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list