From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mount works not correct with kernel 2.6.8-gentoo-r3
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 12:30:52
1 On Tuesday 07 September 2004 13:48, Christian Fischer wrote:
2 > I've tried to copy a directoriy with cp -a from
3 > /old/home/user1/directory/ to /home/user1/. Copy told me that both
4 > directories are the same and copy cannot be done. I'm shure that these
5 > directories shouldn't be the same, one comes from /dev/hda3 and the
6 > other comes from /dev/hda4. I've done a test:
7
8 > There are no problems with kernel 2.6.7-gentoo-r11 or kernel
9 > 2.4.26-gentoo-r9. In /old/home/user1/ are files and directories from
10 > the old home, which are not in new home, and some from new home which
11 > seems to be the same. Adding and removing directories in the new home
12 > affects the old home.
13
14 You might want to check your bootloader configuration. For the root
15 filesystem the kernel does not actually consult fstab at all, only it's
16 commandline. To check what the kernel believes to actually be mounted
17 look at /proc/mounts
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze