From: Alexandre Rostovtsev <tetromino@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: licenses@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] CCPL-Attribution-2.5 added to licenses
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 23:57:14
1 It appears that when adding any new license, one needs to send a
2 notice to gentoo-dev. I have added CCPL-Attribution-2.5 (see
3 attachment or http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/legalcode)
4 and added it to the FREE-DOCUMENTS license group (same as
5 CCPL-Attribution-3.0, acked by Robin Jonson)*. The license is required
6 for some files that are part of a package that I am adding to the tree
7 (games-util/pyfa).
8
9 Since CCPL-Attribution-2.5 is an obviously free documentation license,
10 and since CCPL-Attribution-2.0 and 3.0 and
11 CCPL-Attribution-ShareAlike-2.5 are already in licenses/, I assume
12 that this addition is uncontroversial.
13
14 [*] FREE-DOCUMENTS and not FSF-APPROVED-OTHER because the only version
15 of CCPL-Attribution that is explicitly listed as approved by the FSF
16 is 2.0 (see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html).
17
18 -Alexandre.

CCPL-Attribution-2.5 application/octet-stream