From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA bikeshed: killing USE=dedicated in favor of uniform USE=client+server
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:01:41
1 On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 6:31 AM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > The eclass isn't officially deprecated, but it probably should be.
3 > You should install a game just like you'd install a word-processor or
4 > a web browser. It is just another desktop application (99% of the
5 > time).
6
7 Ugh, I should have read ulm's email first. I was right that the
8 council didn't deprecate the ebuild, but missed the memo on the games
9 team having done so. It is in fact deprecated right now. Guess I
10 should go fix my game (which didn't actually run last time I checked
11 anyway). :)
14 Rich