From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Default useflag cleanups - discussion status
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 16:01:34
1 On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 12:13 +0200, Stefan Schweizer wrote:
2 > -mikmod - This came from wolf31o2 and I do not like it. mikmod is used in
3 > many games and I think it gives people less hassle to have it as default.
4 > The intention of this request is to make use-setting easier, not harder.
5 > Please do not remove this flag.
6
7 Actually, I didn't bring this one up, someone else did. I just added it
8 to my list. I've since removed it from my list, since it seems that it
9 will cause more damage than good, though I personally run without it and
10 have no problems. This is another of those cases where per-package USE
11 defaults would help, as we could enable it for SDL-mixer and be done
12 with it.
13
14 > -gtk2 - This has been brought up by carlo. And it makes sense although not
15 > in the 2006.1 profile. This needs to happen in all profiles and can only
16 > happen once all those flags have been removed from ebuilds. So, sorry, but
17 > this needs more work and cannot be put in the same request. If you want to
18 > help for this, please have a look at [2]
19
20 Correct. I really would prefer not touch this one until it really is
21 gone from the tree.
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
26 x86 Architecture Team