From: Sami Al-Sayed <supersambo@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage on dial-up connection?
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 04:55:15
1 Hello,
2
3 Just a quick query about Gentoo/Portage:
4
5 Is it possible to use Portage with a standard (and pretty slow) PPP dial-up
6 modem connection (ie. 56K)? Does Portage support resume of broken downloads?
7
8 I have a free dial-up internet connection which (annoyingly) disconnects
9 itself after every 2 hours of being connected, and would like to give Gentoo
10 a try, as I have so far not been completely satisfied with the various binary
11 distributions I've tried and their package management systems. I am also a
12 self-confessed optimisation fanatic :-)
13
14 Thanks for your time.
15
16 Regards,