From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: Meir Kriheli <mksoft@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-stats update
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:07:38
1 Meir Kriheli wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > An update on gentoo-stats:
5 >
6 > Client:
7 >
8 > Is almost complete. After some thought I've decided to remove the cpu
9 > detection from the client (as was in the prev implementation by blizzy) and
10 > send the content of /proc/cpuinfo instead. That prevents the need to modify
11 > the client (and update) each time a new arch is introudced (or cpu detection
12 > routines improved).
13 >
14 > The client version is 0.5 and masked. If you wish to help testing/debugging
15 > please unamask and emerge gentoo-stats.
18 > Server:
19 >
20 > Still has work to do. Right now I've added a debug table which stores
21 > serialized version of the sent info.
22 >
23 > The server for now is on a low bandwidth machine (limited by DSL upload):
24 >
25 > http://mksoft.co.il/gentoo-stats/
26 >
27 > As before, if you wish to take a peek a the code, it's available in cvs under:
28 >
29 > gentoo-src/gentoo-stats/client-ng
30 > gentoo-src/gentoo-stats/server-ng
33 > Cheers