From: "José Fournier" <jaaf@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Dev retirement - Farewell message
Date: Sun, 01 May 2016 14:57:23
1 Hi everybody,
2
3 I have been a bit far from Gentoo for a rather long time now. I joined
4 Gentoo in 2013 and I used to be a translator for the French language. At
5 this time, I had to become a developer in order to be able to submit my
6 work in the previous documentation system – but in reality I am not a
7 developer at all. Nowadays, with the new wiki – which I can see grow
8 and improve day after day – it is no longer necessary for people like me
9 become a developer.
10
11 At the beginning I could get a friendly and patient help from Sven
12 Vermeulen who introduced me and was my mentor for a while. I am very
13 grateful to him because it is not something obvious for someone who is
14 not a computer scientist to enter a world like the Gentoo Community and
15 Sven contributed a lot to make me feel at home.
16
17 Recently, I decided to join the Fedora community to help as a translator
18 again. It a very different distribution and community but my previous
19 experience at Gentoo is very valuable. Arriving in this new home, I told
20 them all the good I think of the Gentoo distribution and of its people.
21 If there is one distribution which made me progress substantially in my
22 understanding of the Linux system, it is Gentoo, with no doubt.
23
24 Before leaving your community, I want to wish you all the best and thank
25 you very much for your constant effort to make free and open source
26 software available to everyone.
27
28 With kind regards
29