From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Concept of Projects - How to proceed?
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 01:43:51
1 On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 01:49:28AM +0200, Jonas Stein wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > our concept of "Projects" (Herds in the past) maintaining packages has
5 > several problems.
6
7 [snip]
8
9 Overall, projects work if the members are active. Of course, they don't
10 if not.
11
12 So, whether a package is assigned to a project, a sole-maintainer, or
13 co-maintainers means others will *unlikely* attempt to fix or bump the
14 package. Of course, we know that some devs will inevitably bump the
15 package when it get's in their way or they use it directly.
16
17 However, if the package is assigned to maintainer-needed then
18 proxy-maintainers, random contributors, and other Gentoo devs will feel
19 more comfortable touching it.
20
21 I believe the system works...
22
23 I will happily revert my change on the graphics project Wiki as you may
24 want to remove the other inactive members or recruit some folks to join
25 the project. Then possibly pick up the stray packages that others
26 haven't taken.
29 Cheers,
30 Aaron