From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Proposal: ban mirror://gentoo/ from ebuilds
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 17:42:15
1 On Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:13:44 Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > Il giorno gio, 18/08/2011 alle 11.55 -0400, Mike Frysinger ha scritto:
3 > > i think you've inverted this statement from what you meant. ~arch
4 > > failing to
5 > > fetch for more than a couple of hours was because i went to sleep.
6 > > SRC_URI
7 > > wouldnt have woken me up.
8 >
9 > Not you, but it would have masked much earlier, by me or someone else.
10 >
11 > Seriously, can you stop making this about you and look at the big
12 > picture?
13
14 i corrected your wrong statements wrt gnuconfig. i dont know why you're
15 getting upset over nothing.
16
17 as for "the big picture", that would involve an infra solution, not devspace
18
19 > Ulrich did provide a good reason not to simply ban mirror://gentoo/ —
20 > now can you make up any good reason why you shouldn't be uploading this
21 > to _your devspace_ rather than the distfiles directly?
22
23 all of my archives have been mirrored in my personal devspace. if you're
24 implying that i dont do that, you're mistaken. i am however not a fan of
25 listing dev.g.o in SRC_URI for the same reasons infra is.
26 -mike