From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-dev-announce list
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 01:37:08
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm back for my yearly posting about creating a gentoo-dev-announce
5 > list [1]. Fedora recently created a fedora-devel-announce list with a
6 > great description of how it works, what's posted to it, etc [2], which
7 > got me excited about making this happen in Gentoo.
8 >
9 > Last time the issue came up, numerous people supported it, but nobody
10 > followed through to get the list created. This time, I'm going to file
11 > a bug to the infra team to make it happen.
12 >
13 > What's this mean for you? If you want to ignore -dev, you can just
14 > subscribe to -dev-announce. But you will lose your ability to
15 > participate in discussions leading toward decisions. If you have an
16 > announcement relevant to development, post it to both -dev
17 > and -dev-announce. Replies will go only to -dev.
18 >
19 > Thanks,
20 > Donnie
21 >
22 > 1. http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_136761.xml
23 > 2.
24 > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-announce/2007-June/msg00000.html
25
26 ++ here.
27
28 Heck, I'm aiming for a -project list, and I see benefits in this too (details of
29 reply-to munging discussions aside). So what's the harm in subscribing to a few
30 more MLs?
33 --Kumba
36 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
37
38 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
39 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
40 --
41 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list