From: Renat Lumpau <rl03@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:30:15
1 On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 02:52:46PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Yes, it's an utterly trivial problem, but it is a QA violation. Getting
3 > a complete list is something that takes a heck of a lot longer, and I
4 > have yet to be convinced that my time would not be better spent
5 > elsewhere.
6
7 So let me get this straight.
8
9 You have been claiming that webapp-config is broken, to put it mildly, for quite
10 some time (at least several months). Yet as of now, you are unable to tell us
11 what exactly is wrong. When I asked you on IRC for feedback, you referred me to
12 a private conversation with Stuart, which is just as useless as the rest of your
13 comments. You have not filed a single bug or sent a single email to the
14 maintainers. Your only relevant QA point is a trivial style issue.
15
16 Your blathering is insulting to the people who actually spend time trying to
17 improve webapp-config. No, it's not perfect. But we want to make it better, and
18 we have asked you for feedback and got none.
19
20 You, ciaranm, create measurable deadweight loss. Instead of doing productive
21 work, I waste my time replying to your nonsense. I am fed up and will be taking
22 the issue to devrel.
25 Renat Lumpau all things web-apps
26 C6A838DA 04AF B5EE 17CB 1000 DDA5 D3FC 1338 ADC2 C6A8 38DA
27 America - land of the free*
28 *Void where prohibited, restrictions apply. Cash value 1/100c.