From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: glep@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 "Critical News Reporting" Round Two
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 01:01:02
1 Attached is a substantially reworked draft. I've restructured the whole
2 thing, fleshed it out in places, clarified some parts and incorporated
3 the useful stuff from previous discussions.
4
5 Note: this is now GLEP 42 as allocated by Grant. AFAIK ChrisWhite's GLEP
6 of the same number never made it to official status.
7
8 Feedback from people who have something useful to say would be very much
9 welcomed, assuming of course that they've read the GLEP.
10
11 If you're going to rant on about XML or anything that assumes we have a
12 static release Debian-style against which we somehow make
13 'corrections', you'll be ignored unless you come up with a very good
14 justification based upon requirements and implementation rather than
15 hand waving and incoherent rants. If you don't like it, you're welcome
16 to write a competing GLEP.
17
18 To give those who like arguing endlessly something else to go on about,
19 the eselect news module is now upgraded to the 'suggested' tool for
20 displaying news items. Look! I'm sneakily and evilly pushing a sekrit
21 agenda here! Also, I murdered three puppies last night.
22
23 Grant, please commit this to CVS. I'm too scared of docutils to do it
24 myself.
27 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Anti-XML, anti-newbie conspiracy)
28 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
29 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm

glep-news.txt text/plain