From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: glep@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 "Critical News Reporting" Round Two
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 01:01:02
Attached is a substantially reworked draft. I've restructured the whole
thing, fleshed it out in places, clarified some parts and incorporated
the useful stuff from previous discussions.

Note: this is now GLEP 42 as allocated by Grant. AFAIK ChrisWhite's GLEP
of the same number never made it to official status.

Feedback from people who have something useful to say would be very much
welcomed, assuming of course that they've read the GLEP.

If you're going to rant on about XML or anything that assumes we have a
static release Debian-style against which we somehow make
'corrections', you'll be ignored unless you come up with a very good
justification based upon requirements and implementation rather than
hand waving and incoherent rants. If you don't like it, you're welcome
to write a competing GLEP.

To give those who like arguing endlessly something else to go on about,
the eselect news module is now upgraded to the 'suggested' tool for
displaying news items. Look! I'm sneakily and evilly pushing a sekrit
agenda here! Also, I murdered three puppies last night.

Grant, please commit this to CVS. I'm too scared of docutils to do it
myself.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Anti-XML, anti-newbie conspiracy)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm

glep-news.txt text/plain