From: David Shakaryan <omp@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Farewell, Gentoo.
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 14:04:51
1 Hello, everybody!
2
3 I would like to formally request that I be retired from the Gentoo
4 project. A developer since 2006, there is a lot I would like to thank
5 the community for. Over the past few years, I have learnt a lot, and
6 have had the pleasure to work with and befriend many wonderful people.
7
8 However, I can no longer find the time, nor the motivation, to continue
9 working on the project. Despite my numerous comeback attempts, I believe
10 it's time to face the facts and admit that I've changed as a person and
11 Gentoo is no longer one of my priorities. I have other things in life I
12 need to pursue.
13
14 I will not be vanishing from the community altogether. You should still
15 be able to find me on IRC (omp @ freenode). And, if you care enough, I
16 have recently created a Twitter account (@ompskees) as well.
17
18 Once again, thank you for everything, but my time has come. Adieu!
21 David Shakaryan