From: "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AMD64 Arch Testers needed urgently
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 18:28:13
1 On 2017-12-13 13:20, Lucas Ramage wrote:
2 > > In my discussions with other developers, I've found that this is the
3 > ​> ​
4 > biggest concern. Most devs are runnning ~amd64, so they don't feel that
5 > ​> ​
6 > they can mark things stable.
7 >
8 > W
9 > ​hat about running a stable chroot?​ Are there any tools that can be used
10 > to automate this process?
11
12 Yes, a stable chroot is okay, and there is app-portage/tatt that can run
13 through the various USE flag combinations for you.
14
15 It’s output isn’t terribly helpful, so it takes a little while to
16 understand what it’s trying to tell you.