From: Jano Lukac <jano@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking latest ALSA modules
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:39:18
1 You might find this interesting:
2
3 http://groups.google.com/groups?q=devfs+alsa+autoload&hl=en&selm=fa.f55cg5v.1oiir8v%40ifi.uio.no&rnum=1
4 I have yet to get it to work, but who knows. *shrug*
5
6 Spider said:
7 > begin quote
8 > On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 05:54:01 -0400
9 > agenkin@××××××.com wrote:
12 >> Thanks for testing.
13 >>
14 >> Maybe we should modprobe them from alsasound startup script?
15 >> Or, perhaps, start alsasound before modules are autoloaded?
18 > to load those from alsasound wouldn't be good for those that dont use
19 > them, extra bloat etc.etc. but to load alsasound before modules would
20 > very well be possible. or register them as /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer and
21 > make them autoload by means of kernel/devfsd?
22 >
23 > //Spider
24 > --
25 > begin .signature
26 > This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
27 > See Microsoft KB Article Q265230 for more information.
28 > end