From: Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] network sandbox challenge
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 01:16:49
1 Dear all,
2
3 Fulfilling the linting of ebuild code style design for software projects
4 that loads their dependencies during build, such as go based projects or
5 npm as an example, could be very nasty.
6
7 Looking into source code of snapd or opennebula as two examples, I need
8 to break network sandbox to get all dependencies for snapd go modules or
9 opennebula sunstone npm code.
10
11 1) For opennebula I can use the full releases that brings already
12 generated sunstone code, with the penalty to loose some patches or
13 updates in the middle.
14
15 2) For snapd I need to load previously the remote repositories
16 dependencies into a tar.gz that need to be stored in ebuild files. This
17 is ugly, I know, but there is no distfiles trusted repository
18 alternative where I can place them.
19 As a workaround, I could create gitlab or github repository and use git
20 lfs to upload the artifacts that need to be loaded (since I didn't know
21 any free Artifactory or NexusOSS repositories community supported). Then
22 use the provided url to download the files.
23
24 What do think about this two cases and what are your suggestions?
25
26 Thanks,
27
28 Samuel