From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perl compile stuck on lib/io_sock (was: emerge aborting on linux-headers)
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 23:51:52
1 On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 12:56:46AM -0400, Cliff Crawford wrote:
2 > > > !!! emerge aborting on
3 > > > /usr/portage/sys-kernel/linux-headers/linux-headers-2.4.10-r1.ebuild .
4 > > >
5 > > > Not sure where to go from here..what am I doing wrong?
6 > >
7 > > Our mistake. I'm fixing this on CVS right now, and rsync will be updated
8 > > by the time you read this.
9 >
10 > Thanks, that got me a little bit farther :) Now I'm having trouble
11 > building the base system. It gets stuck compiling perl (in the `make
12 > test' part, I think). Here's the output I see:
13 >
14 > ...
15 > lib/io_linenum.......ok
16 > lib/io_multihomed....ok
17 > lib/io_pipe..........ok
18 > lib/io_poll..........ok
19 > lib/io_sel...........ok
20 > lib/io_sock..........
21 >
22 > The cursor is just sitting at the end of that last line, and it doesn't
23 > seem to be doing anything. It never times out either. I know my
24 > network connection is ok, because I was able to rsync before.
25 > Any ideas? Or, is there some way I can tell emerge to skip the `make test'
26 > step for perl?
27
28 Try setting up the lo interface and making sure that "localhost" has an
29 entry in /etc/hosts. That should solve it, I think. Let me know if it
30 does (or doesn't) so I can update the install docs.
31
32 Best Regards,
35 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
36 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org