From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] readme.gentoo.eclass: Add a readme.gentoo_force_print_elog function to force elog printing
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:37:25
1 El mar, 22-01-2013 a las 10:33 +0100, Tomáš Chvátal escribió:
2 > 2013/1/22 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>:
3 > > El mar, 22-01-2013 a las 08:16 +0100, Tomáš Chvátal escribió:
4 > >> Would'nt be better to just set some variable in the ebuild, rather
5 > >> than call function that touches empty file?
6 > >>
7 > >> Tom
8 > >>
9 > >>
10 > >
11 > > I think it can be done in either way... but I don't see the advantage of
12 > > any over the other :/
13 >
14 > Just few I can think of right now:
15 >
16 > You can set the variable in the ebuilds global scope somewhere on top easily.
17 > You can actually do more magic later based on what content user puts
18 > to the variable if we want to (all msgs, important ones only, ...)
19 > You actually allow user to enforce this behaviour in make conf for all
20 > packages if he desires to do so.
21 >
22 > Also I never seen this being handled by touching files in any other eclasses :-)
23 >
24 > Tom
28 I agree, thanks for pointing it. Just attached patch should handle it.

1.patch text/x-patch