From: Arturo Garcia <arturo.g.arturo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Guys, I need your assistance here
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 07:22:04
9 > > This bug is CLOSED.
10 >
11 > No, it is OPEN because the issue has not yet been fixed (can you tell me
12 > where is packages.gentoo.org). Infrastructure has not yet finished because
13 > is waiting for taviso's review, and after that, packagestest.gentoo.org has
14 > to be brought back to it's proper hostname.
15 >
16 > > Infra has done it's part. We now await others to do theirs.
17 >
18 > If you are going to go around closing bugs like this so they come out of
19 > your your remit, have the KINDNESS of opening another bug so the issue can
20 > be properly followed up. And if you do that, please link that bug to p.g.o
21 > homepage.
22 >
23 > And there _will_ be a patch coming again I believe, to fix this very same
24 > issue.
25 >
26 > THANKS a lot.
27 >
28 > Arturo
29
30 If solar (or somebody else) has opened new bugs, I am not aware of ANY of them
31 (I don't think many people would be, actually, do you?)
32
33 Guys, where else can I go? We _ARE_ trying hard to fix packages.gentoo.org,
34 the maintainer resigned (no wonder!), but to be honest with you, nobody can
35 work like this. This is the bug that is linked from the homepage, and
36 everybody is looking at it waiting for it to happen...
37
38 I just kindly ask someone to reopen the bug. The issue hasn't been fixed nor
39 tested yet. The patch that was submitted seems to be wrong, and a new one
40 will be required. We are waiting for taviso to confirm this, robbat2 has
41 already confirmed it, and we are trying hard to put up a mirror so I can
42 patch, test and resubmit. It is _OUTSTANDING_. I don't understand what is
43 behind solar's thinking, but we can't work like this (with people taking this
44 kind of actions without consulting others.)
45
46 And, I won't give up. I am very patient and packages.gentoo.org WILL come
47 back to life one way or another. Even if it has to be rewritten.
48
49 Sorry for bringing this kind of crap to gentoo-dev but I had nowhere else to
50 go.
51
52 Thanks,
53