From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-dev] last rites: virtual/perl-Filter
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 10:36:21
1 Am Dienstag 08 Juli 2014, 12:57:59 schrieb Kent Fredric:
2 > On 8 July 2014 06:59, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3 > > # Filter never was part of core Perl, no idea why we have a virtual.
4 > > # It was moved from perl-core to dev-perl and the virtual will be
5 > > # removed. Please depend on dev-perl/Filter directly.
6 > > virtual/perl-Filter
9 > This is annoying, because anything that uses *other* than
10 > filter::util::call *must* install the CPAN version. But anything that uses
11 > Filter::Util::Call on its own can do so from Perl itself.
12 >
13 > Its also annoying because the "cpan distribution" that ships that module is
14 > called "Filter" on CPAN, but "Filter-Util-Call" in perl/cpan/*
15
16 In the end what this means is that IF we need to depend on it, we need a
17 virtual Filter-Util-Call ... which *can* also pull in dev-util/Filter.
18
19 Of course this might get painful if version numbers are randomized.
22 Dr. Andreas K. Huettel
23 Institute for Experimental and Applied Physics
24 University of Regensburg
25 D-93040 Regensburg
26 Germany
27