From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: robo-stable bugs
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 06:00:48
1 On Thu, 23 May 2013 23:40:42 -0600
2 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Okay, so what are you using the STABLEREQ keyword for that you want
5 > to set it when the bug is filed but before archs are added?
6
7 The people that decided to change their way of using this keyword, did
8 so because setting it as early as possible helps maintainers that
9 forget to set it; I'm just following along this new approach.
10
11 > If you want to see only stabilization bugs you can search in the
12 > Keywording and Stabilization component.
13
14 Yet, they brought this keyword to live for a reason; a reason unclear
15 to me. Why is it unclear? Because nowadays people don't use it
16 consistently; some apply it early, some apply it when they CC.
17
18 > Can you suggest another way to search for stabilization bugs that
19 > don't yet have archs CC'd (which is something I find rather useful)?
20
21 Setting the keyword early helps here too, if everyone does so.
22
23 Otherwise you can do ...
24
25 1) a search in Keywording and Stabilization and exclude all bugs where
26 an arch is CC-ed, possible in the advanced search; or ...
27
28 2) obsessive summary grepping, for bugs with a wrong component set.
31 With kind regards,
32
33 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
34 Gentoo Developer
35
36 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
37 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
38 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D