From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for May
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 11:15:17
1 On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 12:01:19PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 8 May 2008 03:57:16 -0700
3 > Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 02:03:45AM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
5 > > > Requested attendees
6 > > > ===================
7 > > >
8 > > > PMS: ciaranm, pkgcore dev, portage dev, any other tools that care
9 > > > about versions
10 > >
11 > > Might I suggest that if PMS is going to be discussed, a copy of
12 > > PMS.pdf actually be available somewhere? Preferably with the
13 > > kdebuild-1 crap stripped out...
14 >
15 > Might I suggest that you read the agenda rather than going completely
16 > off topic like last time?
17
18 If PMS is going to be discussed in some form, it's a fair request that
19 folks have an easily readable version.
20
21 Insane enough, loosening the 8 digit version restriction can have
22 other implications- very least, verifying that bash 3.0 is when [[ ]]
23 support was introduced since [ ] breaks down for long long from a
24 quick look. That's off the top of the head- could be more. Actually
25 having a pdf to read would make that a helluva lot easier too.
26
27 Course, it's way more fun to just bitch at me then build a pdf so
28 others can look at the current spec for the discussion at hand (bugs
29 are one thing, looking at the actual spec is another).
30
31 One thing I wouldn't mind the council discussing is whether or not the
32 recent behaviour re: pms on -dev is acceptable for running a project-
33 it's not exactly engendering cooperation. Feel free to delay that
34 till the next month, or ignore it (y'alls court after all).
35
36 ~brian