From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Moving virtual/eject to new-style virtual
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:41:44
1 So, right now virtual/eject is the old-style virtual that gets listed in
2 virtuals file in the profiles, defaulting to sys-apps/eject that is Linux
3 only.
4
5 I would like to move it to a new-style virtual to make it simpler to handlef
6 or other platforms, having the deps this way:
7
8 || ( kernel_linux? ( sys-apps/eject ) sys-block/unieject kernel_FreeBSD? (
9 sys-apps/eject-bsd ) )
10
11 this way when used with a kernel different by Linux it defaults to unieject
12 (my reimplementation) that using libcdio would be simpler to port.
13
14 Thoughts?
17 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
18 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE