From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /lib/rcscripts or /$(get_libdir)/rcscripts?
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 07:54:56
1 On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:49:52 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Monday 26 March 2007, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
5 > > I just realized that there not only doesn't seem to be any consensus
6 > > about what the location of /lib/rcscripts should be (as witnessed by
7 > > the location where the following packages install
8 >
9 > it should be /$(get_libdir)/rcscripts
10 >
11 > no one has really noticed/cared because lib has always been a symlink
12 > to lib64
13 >
14 > perhaps we should write a new func ... `dorcaddon` ...
15 > -mike
16
17 The baselayout bits will be solved by baselayout-2. ebuilds that want
18 to put stuff in /lib/rcscripts should of course be doing $(get_libdir)
19
20 Thanks
21
22 Roy