From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [v1.0.2] GLEP 74: Full-tree verification using Manifest files
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 09:47:14
1 On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 09:44:09AM +0100, Micha?? Górny wrote
2
3 > All that said, if we really have a problem that needs solving here, I'm
4 > not convinced MISC is the right solution for it. If people need to
5 > explicitly exclude stuff, then I suppose the configuration-injected
6 > ignore list is much better solution for this.
7
8 An example of stuff you'd run into; my make.conf has the line...
9 PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS="--exclude-from=/etc/portage/rsync_excludes"
10
11 I've attached a script that I run whenever I add a directory to the
12 exclusion list. It's specific to me, ie. program categories I don't
13 use. It deletes the specified portage dirs, and updates the exclusion
14 file. It really speeds up "emerge --sync" on my ancient Atom netbook
15 with 2 gigabytes of ram. Will there still be an option to cycle through
16 all existing top-level subdirectories of /usr/portage and check against
17 the directory manifests?
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
21 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications

cleanup.gz application/octet-stream